Child and Youth Development Program Manager
- Manage and monitor Youth development programs emphasizing extra-curriculum and community-based activities.
- Engage schools in the target areas, community leaders, parents and partners.
- Build collaboration with other GOs, SE, communities and develop new partnerships that extend and improve the quality of education services for the new generation in the Doi Tung Development Project of the MFLF.
- Ensure that research, design and implementation of 4 main youth development programs are based on the needs of the target people, response to stakeholder’s benefits and align with education standard.
- Creative learning space for youth at Doi Tung: Co-design activities with parents and teachers to meet the youth’s needs and to maximize learning in their free time.
- Active learning curriculums for 9-18 years old children from various ethnic groups and youth in Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand: design and improve activities for cultivating “good citizen” behavior; environmental stewardship, critical thinking, drugs prevention etc.
Scholarship: Manage scholarship program including promotion, selection process, following-up and mentorship to local students to further their education and prepare for job opportunities for sustain the community in the future.
- City kid camps: Promotion, design, develop, and implement nature and art learning activities at Doi Tung for 9-12 years old children from the city.
- Frequent monitoring and following-up on youth development programs and activities in Chiang Rai and other provinces.
- Provide support, supervision and capacity building to staffs.
- Manage budget and project proposals.
- Conduct monthly meetings with staff; regular review of project plans and budgets.
- Other responsibilities of the organization assigned by executives of the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Thai national;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in management or education or development;
- Understanding extensive knowledge about the situation and challenges for the Thailand’s education;
- Accountability and the ability to deliver assigned tasks on a high standard and in time;
- Ability to work independently;
- Perform well under pressure, including occasional weekend assignments;
- Ability to create trust in work relations and to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Willingness to travel, as required;
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel, Google Docs;
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.