Part of the core team of the MFLF responsible for outreaching the development approach of HM King Bhumibol and HRH the late Princess Mother of Thailand to solve the problem of poverty and lack livelihood opportunities for underprivileged communities, while maintaining a balance between humans and the environment. The Programme Officer works under the supervision of Programme Managers/Assistant Programme Managers to provide back-office support functions for several programmes from inception to completion. The special project team provides full support to the field operational team in order to help ensure successful implementation on the ground and the team is responsible to manage an ad-hoc task as requested. With experience, the Programme Officer will be able to grow into the role of Assistant Progamme Manager and eventually Programme Manager.
Description of Responsibilities
Assist the Programme Manager/Assistant Programme Manager with programme management responsibilities, including:
- Conducting research to support programme planning or feasibility studies,
- Providing news updates on programme-related matters,
- Participating in meetings as assigned and preparing meeting summaries and reports,
- Provide all the necessary supports to the field operational team and coordinate with related stakeholder to implement the programme,
- Providing logistical support to the programme such as travel and accommodation arrangements, organizing purchases and delivery of goods, handling cash advance,
- Prepare progress reports, presentation, programme documentation and archiving,
- Preparing programmes for study visits to the foundation’s project sites,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Industrial engineer or related fields, with preference for applicants management or development related field,
- Preference for applicants with at least 1 year of work experience in the field of Social Sciences, or Project Management,
- Thai national, female or male under the age of 25,
- Ability to communicate effectively in Thai and English, both orally and in writing,
- Competence in MS Office programmes, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and excellent team player, with a flexible and open-minded attitude,
- Strong logical thinking, common sense, and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure,
- Willingness to travel for field work on a regular basis.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify in the subject as “Application for (position)”. The application deadline is 15 March 2020.