Assistant Programme Manager
Part of the core team of the MFLF responsible for outreaching the development approach of HM King Bhumibol and HRH the late Princess Mother of Thailand to solve the problem of poverty and lack livelihood opportunities for underprivileged communities, while maintaining a balance between humans and the environment. The Assistant Programme Manager is responsible for professional work under the supervision of Senior Programme Managers/ Programme Managers and supervises Programme Officer in pre-project implementation preparations, programme implementation, and manage required coordination. The Special Project team provides full support to the field operational team in order to help ensure successful implementation on the ground and the team is responsible to manage an ad-hoc task as requested. With experience, the Assistant Programme Manager will be able to grow into the role of Programme Manager and eventually Senior Programme Manager.
Description of Responsibilities
Pre-project implementation preparations
• Contribute to designing and supervising benchmark or baseline surveys,
• Prepare project concepts and work plans in consultation with senior management and a multi-disciplinary team,
Management of programme implementation
• Provide all the necessary supports to the field operational team in order to accomplish programme objectives on time, within budget, man power planning, and according to professional standards,
• Monitor and evaluate programme activities to ensure that the agreed work plan and outcomes are realized,
Coordination of the programme
• Work with an internal working team of specialists to implement the programme,
• Coordinate with multi-sectorial and multi-level stakeholders, including central government agencies, local authorities, and grassroots communities, private sector to realize the success of the programme,
Reporting and presentation of programme progress and outcomes
• Act as focal point for all relevant information about the programme and its progress for dissemination in the forms of presentations, concept papers, reports and press releases,
• Prepare and submit regular progress reports on the programme to donors, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders,
Others duties incidental to the above may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Industrial Engineer or related fields;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Social Sciences, Project Management, Sustainable Development, or Operations Engineering and Management;
• Ability to communicate effectively in Thai and English, both orally and in writing,
• Ability to write good proposals and reports, prepare presentation and manage budgets,
• Ability to work with data and visualization as being able to transform information into helpful visual presentations,
• Competence in MS Office programmes, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and excellent team player, with a flexible and open-minded attitude,
• Strong logical thinking, common sense, and problem-solving skills,
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure,
• Willingness to travel for field work on a regular basis.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please specify in the subject as “Application for (position)”.
The application deadline is 20 September 2020.